Kirk- there have been times throughout our marriage (and before) when you have been my rock in hard times. There have been many tears cried on your shoulder and your love for me still holds fast! What an amazing man, husband, and now father you are! I couldn't ask for anyone more perfect to share every part of my life with! I love you with my whole heart!
Adam- I am not sure if you remember this conversation or not, but I remember talking to you on the phone during the time I was in "limbo" about changing my major from Nursing. I remember you saying that you were so proud of me for who I had become and that you were blessed to see how much I had grown in the past couple of years. It meant the world to me that you were so supportive in my decision, whatever it might be, and that you were going to lift me up in prayer. I can't tell you how much your love and support meant to me then and still mean to me today! You will always have a special place in my heart!!!!!
Katie- Your advice has meant the world to me through these first few months of motherhood...I wish I could steal you away and keep you here in my house just to bounce questions off every once in a while! :) It is always refreshing to talk to you and get your "ideas" on motherhood. I can't tell you how much that pulled me through during the first month or so of Caleb's life. Those were hard HARD days and your friendship and advice were "lights" to me every time you called! Thanks for being friend before all else! I am so blessed to have such a great sister-in-law!!! I am glad we share a special bond.
Mom- There have been countless times you have stood in my corner and lifted me up in prayer and support! I can't even begin to repay you for your endless love and devotion to me, dad, the boys, and now ALL of our families. I am honored to not only be your daughter but your friend. I so enjoy your company and there are times I feel I could sit and talk to you for days and not get bored. I want to thank you for your time you spent with me after Caleb was born....though the time was short, it was SUCH a blessing to me. Through the trials of nursing and little sleep, it was so nice to have someone there physically to talk through things and cry with :). I can honestly say, I may have given up on nursing if it weren't for your help (though it is still not as enjoyable for me as you make it sound :) ! I feel so blessed and honored to be your daughter. What a great woman, wife, mother, and grandmother you are! I can't wait for my kids to get to know you personally and see how wise, loving, and generous you are! I love you mom!!!!
Dad- there are many burdens you have carried not only for me, but for our family. There have been so many sacrifices you have endured for me, mom and the boys! I can't thank you enough for your strength, discipline, love, compassion, and faithfulness to us through the years. Thank you for supporting me, loving me, and praying for me though many phases of my life. Your fervant prayer for me has pulled me through more "valleys" in my life and I know! Some day, when I reach heaven, I will know the full extent of the power of your prayers! I love you dad!
I could fill this page with so many more people, but this blog would not be able to hold them all! I pray that I can be a "burden carrier" with the people in my life and show them Christ's love and compassion for them. I have been getting to know some of the new mothers as well as soon to be mothers in our church (there are 4 of them) and I have really had a desire to talk to them and share my advice (though I am no expert) on pregnancy and motherhood in it's early days.....it is so fresh in my mind and heart. I have enjoyed making phone calls during the day just to see how they are and remind them that I am in prayer for them. What a special (yet difficult) time that was for me and I pray they can feel the blessing of motherhood as I did and still am.
Anyways, just some things on my mind and heart!



No comments:
Post a Comment