Just a thought to ponder....as I have been pondering it these last few days. May it challenge you and stretch your faith and trust in God...
"God is glorified in you when you are most satisfied in Him in the midst of LOSS not in Prosperity."
This is kinda a hard thing to grasp. What does this mean? To me, this means that we are not to show others that the THINGS we have are "gospel". For example....I have this great car because Jesus gave it to me. Or I have this wonderful job because Jesus gave it to me. That sure would make the world want Jesus huh? Well we need to show others that even through the midst of suffering, heartache, hard times, loss, struggles, and pain GOD IS STILL GOD. He is still the only one that is ENOUGH for all the circumstances we go through. He is enough even when we feel the oceans rage around us....when we feel the world cave in on us....when we lose everything.
No, I have not experienced this kind of pain or suffering lately, but I know some who have. It is a true testimony when you see those experiencing loss and pain turn their eyes to Christ. That they can see the handiwork of God through the deepest of pain. They can point their hands to heaven and says "Your will be done God, not my own....in Your timing not mine". WOW, that is faith! That is trust!
Oh God, may my heart turn toward You in good times and bad, happiness and sorrow, prosperity and loss! May my actions and LIFE reflect Your glory in whatever circumstance I am given. That my life here on earth would be a total reflection of Your grace and mercy. May Your name alone be glorified!!!
Amen and Amen
PDF Radio Silence Alice Oseman Books
-
PDF Radio Silence Alice Oseman Books
Download As PDF : Radio Silence Alice Oseman Books
[image: Download PDF Radio Silence Alice Oseman Books]
*From critic...
7 years ago



2 comments:
Thanks for the reminder, Amy! That reminds me of the story of Job in the Old Testament. Now there is a guy who lost EVERYTHING, and his friends encouraged him to "curse God and die." Yet, he didn't and he ended up blessed for being faithful in the midst of all his trials! What an example!
thanks sis, I needed to hear this today!
Post a Comment