Monday, June 29, 2009

On to #2...


Baby Starnes #2 at almost 7 weeks (our little kidney bean)

Well, it is official.....we are having another BABY! Yes, I am almost 12 weeks pregnant and due January 14th. Today was our first doctor's appointment and it went really well. We had had a little scare right around 7 weeks with some bleeding, but we had an ultrasound and confirmed that the little munchkin was doing just fine. And at our appointment today we heard the heart beat (for the second time) and it was right around 164 bpm's. Anyone know what that means? Is the boys heart rate generally faster or the girls? Does anyone remember what their kids where? I don't think I ever wrote down what Caleb's was.

I have been feeling GREAT which has been a HUGE blessing with a little "almost" 2 year old running around! I have been tired and a little "yucky" in the evenings but not really any sickness. I think I am coming out of it now too which is nice. I know many women have it MUCH WORSE so I don't complain! Anyways, that's our news for now. We are very excited and we will be sure to take "belly shots" and post them periodically (at least once a month). I have get my scrapbook going! ;) We will also be finding out the gender so there will be another BIG blog probably at the end of August announcing if we will have another boy or our very first girl!!

FUN! I love being pregnant (really I do!).

Blessings!

2 comments:

Mari said...

Soooo exciting!! My babe's heartbeat was like 168 in the beginning and he's a boy so... who knows? You could be having another little man in the house. Or not. Ha ha.
Congrats!

Meggin said...

HOORAY!! I am so excited for you and your family! They say that if the baby's heart rate is above 140, it is a girl, and if it is below that, it''s likely a boy. Ty had a low heart rate, but McKay's was in the "girl range." I personally think you can't really predict the gender from the heart rate. Either way, I am so happy for you!
CONGRATULATIONS!