Last night as I was giving my son his last "meal" before bed, I was so ready to have him in bed and spend some time with my husband. He usually does really well eating and going down with no problem but last night was a different issue. He did fine with the first 4 ounces and then, after a I changed his diaper, he didn't seem to want the rest and kept spitting it out and crying. I knew he was tired as he had had to skip one nap that day, but I also knew that if he didn't eat his whole bottle then he would be up during the night wanting to eat. Selfishly, I kept trying to force him to eat (as sometimes he is just a little strong willed and wants things his way but will give in eventually). As he was getting more and more frustrated, so was I. Finally I just gave up and put him to bed (where he fell asleep RIGHT AWAY!). I left the room thinking "fine, I guess you will just be hungry!"
Just as I figured, he woke up around 4:30am and as I prepared a bottle (because I knew he would be hungry and he has been fighting a cold so the fluids would be good anyways), I thought to myself, "I told ya so!!!" Then, as I went in his room, as he was crying, and picked him up, he looked at me and immediately stopped crying. It was as if his eyes said "Mommas here, it's okay." Then the tears came! As I cried and fed Caleb, God was whispering to me that this is another reason He asks us to be come like children....I always thought it to be because of their "childlike" faith...but as He spoke to me, I heard him say, "Look at how he forgives!!!!" The night before I was so upset with him for not eating and he was no doubt upset at me for "forcing" him to eat when he was so tired, yet, now he was there in my arms eating and looking up at me like everything was okay. He fell asleep after eating and I held him in my arms and cuddle him for a while and praised God for all the lessons I have learned from my small little son!
How many times in my life have I let the sin of unforgiveness fester in my heart? Last night, in the early morning hours as, I admit, reluctantly got up to feed my son, God used that time to speak to me and tell me how much He desires me to become like a little child and forgive DAILY those that hurt or disappoint me. It seems like the lessons I learn from Caleb have been far more life changing then any lessons I have learned in life so far! Thanks Buddy!!!!
PDF Radio Silence Alice Oseman Books
-
PDF Radio Silence Alice Oseman Books
Download As PDF : Radio Silence Alice Oseman Books
[image: Download PDF Radio Silence Alice Oseman Books]
*From critic...
7 years ago



1 comment:
Thank you for your blog, Amy! I am so glad we found it and will enjoy the journey through motherhood vicariously through you for now. We miss you guys!
Post a Comment