Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Needs...


Today, as Caleb was in his swing and fussing and just being cranky, I was thinking "can't you just be content for a few minutes so I can get some quite time?" As soon as Kirk got home, I told him to take Caleb so I could just have some quite....well, our house is not that big and Caleb (although he did quite down for a short time) continue to fuss and cry and I could hear it all. Finally, I just took Caleb in my arms and just started talking to him in a gentle voice. He started to calm down and look at me right in the eye and hold my face in his hands....just looking at me and touching my face. As I talked, I thought, how many times do I just try and drown out the noise of my crying baby when in fact all he needs is ME!


As mothers we have a very special bond with our babies...not that fathers don't, but I think the bond is totally different with the separate parents. There are many times that I just try and drown out the noise he makes and see if he will settle down. I pray I can be more understanding and see when he really just needs MOM! What a privilege (and struggle at times) it is to be that comfort for your baby. God truly knows a thing or two about relationships huh?


Just a thought...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful baby he is. I look forward to reading your blog and walking this journey with you. It has been amazing to talk to you and the insight you give me. I hope that I am as strong of a mother as you are. Have a great week!