Monday, February 4, 2008

Many hats...

I was reminded the other day how many "hats" mothers have to wear. I was remembering the first few months of motherhood and remembering how challenging and difficult they were. You feel as if you are pulling in every direction and everyone wants your attention. Not only do you have a baby that is SOOO dependant on you, but you also need to be attentive to how your husband is feeling as well as refocusing on a job (if you had to return to work). Fortunately, I didn't have to go back to work and I applaude and stand in awe of those mothers who do....what a difficult thing!

In revisiting these feelings of stress and difficulty, I reminded of the song "Your Grace is Enough". I know it is easier said than done, but I wish I would have spent more time in God's Word during those trying times. I find that now, when I am spending time in God's Word is when I am drawn to the truths and promises that He has given me. I remember during those first months, as I was trying desperately to get the hang of nursing and struggling with Caleb's jaundice and cholic, there were times when God just placed a worship song in my head to get the through. Many times it was that song....YOUR GRACE IS ENOUGH!! There are times in my heart that I doubted that, but God would always pull me back and help me to see how blessed and favored I truely am. What wonderful and gentle God!!

Anyways, back to the "hats"...I was thinking of how special women are and how God designed us to wear many "hats"....be honest, do you think MEN could do all that we do???? :) Okay, some could and do, but God designed us to compliment our husbands in many ways and it is so special when we can see how God uniquely designed men and women according to His purposes for our lives.

I have to say that my "hats" as a wife, mother, daughter, sister, aunt......and many more, have shaped me into the person I am today. I have to say, this recent "hat" of being a mother has shaped me and molded me more than any other! There have been many times that I have resisted the "molding" process, but God gently draws me back to Him and reminds me of His love, grace, and will for my life. May I be more pliable today and in the days to come!

Here are just a few pictures of my sweet pea...we were trying on some of his HATS for the coming summer :) Enjoy!

No comments: