Recently I have been following some ups and downs of some very dear friends of ours whose mother has been diagnosed with cancer in multiple parts of her body. God has been very gracious to them and has done miracles on their behalf. We continue to pray for healing and the ultimate miracle: to have this cancer be gone before chemo has to start! We have faith that OUR GOD can make this happen! The family has been praising God through this whole ordeal and it makes me think to myself.....would I be so faithful?!?!? I would hope so, but I cannot be sure unless placed in that position! May God continue to be praised through their circumstances.
Never-the-less, it has made me think of how precious life is! It is not to be taken lightly, but it should be enjoyed to it's fullest. There is one song (I am not sure who sings it as I am so bad at keeping up with those things) on the radio right now that has some great lyrics to it.....some of the ones that has struck me have are as follows:
"Kiss all your children,
Dance with your wife,
Tell your husband you love him...EVERY NIGHT!
Make peace with God and make peace with yourself, because in the end there's no body else....
Turn up the music, turn it up loud.
Take a few chances, let it all out.
You won't regret it...looking back from where you have been.
Because it's not who you knew, it's not what you did, ITS HOW YOU LIVED!!!"
Sorry I don't know the author but aren't they great lyrics! I guess I am just trying to say, even if you aren't a mother, appreciate the time with the ones you love....your parents, your spouse, your kids, your siblings, your friends....you never know when you will live your last day and breathe your last breath! God knows the number of your days and wants you to draw near to Him. God is good!!! Through the daily struggles and pains, He reigns and He is still on the throne! Praise him with every last breath!!!
Here's a picture of Caleb after waking up from one of his naps. I enjoy being with him each day and I charish this time that I can be with him. I hope I can remember to pour love on him every day and take nothing for granted! I can never give him enough kisses!



1 comment:
I just got a chance to read your latest blogs. You are right that you will make sacrifices for staying home with your children, but the blessings are immeasurable. Many people may not understand or agree with the sacrifices you will make, but I know you will never regret it. If God has called you to it He will give you the grace for it and walk with you through it. I never regretted a second of the years of staying at home and as I look back on it can see how valuable it was to all of us. I am overwhelmingly proud of you. You are a great mom and I look forward to enjoying what God has for you and Kirk as parents! Mom
Post a Comment