Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Wrestling and Bath Time...

The last few weeks have been challenging. Kirk has been "temporarily layed off" for the past two weeks....though it has been nice to have him home with us, the looming possibility of a permanent layoff (let alone the no paycheck) has been heavy on our hearts. We holding onto the hope that God's timing is perfect in all things, but we often wrestle with the "why now?" question. God chooses to "shake" those who seem comfortable....well that was us! We seemed to be so comfortable in our way of living....not that we had lots of money or everything was great, but we were comfortable in how we were living life. Great church. Great family. Great job. Great house. Great LIFE! Even though it is still great, God has chosen to move us from that comfort zone and tilt us more toward Himself. Even though it's not easy, I can see how God is molding our hearts, moving us closer together as a couple, and showing us what it truly means to focus on Him for our EVERYDAY needs.

I have to say that He definitly has provided for us in many ways. We have great family support and those around us are willing to help. PRAISE GOD FOR THAT. We also have a great church family that has lifted us up in prayer and offered to help in any way possible. We are getting by day by day. We have had to cut out a lot of "extra" things but have quickly found that those are not true NEEDS! God has provided what we NEED and for that we are grateful! He is so good.

I would appreciate your prayer through this time. I know also that we are not alone in this....there are SO MANY people looking for jobs and experiencing a job loss....lets pray for them too! We are so blessed but many are not so fortunate. May God be praised during this time and may He be the one that we continue to look for. He knows our needs and loves us THROUGH our circumstances!

On a lighter note, I thought I would add a few photos and video of Caleb. He sure is getting his own little personality! He loves bath time...maybe because he loves to splash in the water but I think it's because he gets to have DADDY TIME! He sure loves his daddy!

Enjoy the video and sorry if there is any inappropriate footage....oops :)


The day before a haircut....much needed haircut

Also a little update on our potty training.....today was our second day of BIG BOY UNDERWEAR and I must say he is doing GREAT! The first day we had 4 pee accidents and 1 poop accident. Today, we only had ONE pee accident!!! We are making progress. He seems to realize when he goes now so hopefully it clicks! The sooner we get this boy out of diapers the better :) We will keep fighting this good fight!!

God bless

Amy

1 comment:

Mari said...

Oh we will be praying for you! This is such a hard time for so many people, I'm sorry it had to affect you too. I hope that things get better soon!