Saturday, April 11, 2009

Some updates...and Happy Easter!

It seems like forever since I have blogged. Maybe just not a whole lot to say?!?! Not sure. Anyway, here are some updates.

Kirk has gotten a "temporary" job for now. He is working with one of our friends from church doing some statistical analysis/measurement work for a charter school office headquarters. It is a little monotonous for him right now (and he is a little overwhelmed with learning a few new software programs) but he is doing well with it. He is a smart guy! It pays more than unemployment so that is a blessing. It is possible he may be able to take a full-time job that would be slightly different with this same company in the near future so we'll see. He doesn't WANT to leave Atwell (where he currently works as a Civil Engineer) but the company is doing REALLY BAD financially and therefore he has no work. The main thing right now f0r us is income so we are trying to be open to what God has for us....whether it is Kirk doing engineering or moving onto a different "field". At least he has work for now :) Praise God!

I am continuing to look for part time work as well. Not much out there though! The hospitals around her are so large that it is really hard to get into them unless you have a "connection" with someone or something there. We are seeking God on this one too. I have always thought God wanted me to stay home with my kids, but we may be forced to look for something part time for me with the situation we are in. We are just waiting to see if God opens any doors. If not, that's fine, we just need to see what His will is for us.

Caleb is doing just fine. He is a VERY VERY active almost 2 year old! I am amazed every day at how much energy he has! He is a lot of fun though too. He has started laughing at himself and that is a riot! He will do something funny just to get a reaction out of us and then he will just laugh and laugh as he repeats his "stunts". We love it. He also has started making a "whoosh" sound every time he throws or kicks a ball. He definitely is growing into a BOY.....and too fast if you ask me! He loves to be outside and cries almost every time we have to come back in (even if its freezing outside!).

One of his favorite things right now is playing Wii Tiger Woods Golf with "dada". Kirk took the batteries out of one of the remotes for him and he stands next to Kirk and swings the "golf club". He make a classic "whoosh" sound when he does too. He also enjoys Wii Baseball as well :) I attached some pictures of Kirk and Caleb in action! So cute!

I hope this finds everyone well! I have been humbled these last few days as I remember and reflect on the ultimate sacrifice my Savior made for me on the Cross. Who am I that He would send is Son to die in my place? Christ has covered me with His blood, made me white as snow, so that I can know and serve Jesus! WOW! Thank you God for your sacrifice on my behalf! I am blessed and humbled. Thank you Lord!

He has risen......HE HAS RISEN INDEED!!!

-Amy

Our little "golfer"

You my be wondering why his clothes match so well (or not at all)...we had a few potty accidents in the morning and these were his only clean pants. Don't judge :)

Having fun with "dada"

No comments: