Thursday, April 30, 2009

Cherish every moment...

Today was my very last MOPS meeting until September and there was a speaker that was not a professional speaker but just an older mom that attended the church that hosts our MOPS. She just wanted to do a short speech about how honorable it is to be a mother.


She told us that she wanted to HONOR us today. That being a mom is THE HARDEST JOB on this planet and that we should be honored to raise our children. She went on to say that each day can be a struggle. There are new challenges that we face each morning that we wake up. We do something constantly throughout the day....whether it is laundry, read books, listen to stories, play outside, catch bugs, build snowmen, tie shoes, place bandaids, wash faces and hands, sit by the toilet with a toddler, feed hungry kids, or kiss sweet cheeks...we are always doing SOMETHING! So many of those things are what fill my day.



She told us that even through the business of life, we need to take time to JUST BE. Not be caught up in all the "little" activities of the daily grind, but take time to just be with our child with no other strings attached....no laundry staring us in the face, no dinner hanging over our shoulder, no running to the store.....JUST BE WITH THEM. That is what they really need!



For me it is so hard to JUST BE. There are "things" and tasks that consume me during the day and before I know it, the day is done and I am placing Caleb in his crib for a good night's rest. Where do all the days go?? My baby will be two in July! CRAZY! I feel I haven't taken enough time to soak it all in and just be his mom!



So, for the rest of today, I am going to JUST BE there for Caleb. In every way he needs me! I am going to turn this computer off, turn off the TV, and PLAY (once he wakes up from his nap). I am even going to order pizza for dinner so I don't have to cook! (YEAH!)



All you mom's out there....take time to JUST BE with your children. No strings or "tasks" attached! Cherish every moment you have with them and "hide them in your heart" because they grow too fast!



BE HONORED AND HUMBLED TO BE A MOTHER TODAY!!! You deserve it!
Happy Mother's Day (next weekend)!




Oh and I thought I would add a picture of Caleb on Easter morning....
where did my little boy go?!?!?!?!

No comments: