Monday, January 21, 2008

Being away...

Well this past weekend was my first "overnighter" at my parent's house in Mt. Pleasant without Kirk and Caleb. It went surprisingly well. Although I did cry when I left. I thought for sure I would have those dreams where he wakes up and is screaming and I wonder how long he has been screaming, but I didn't....I slept very well (PRAISE GOD!). Kirk was here in Grand Rapids with Caleb for Friday night and all day Saturday. If nothing else, I told him it would make him appreciate what I do every day. I really do think he enjoyed it though! I thought it was funny when I came home in the evening and he hadn't showered yet that day:) I got a good laugh out of that.

As I was leaving I was realizing that no matter how much mom's (including me) need a break from our kids now and again.....and we actually look forward to it....it can be hard to separate from them. All week I was SO looking forward to not having to tote him around with me and when it came time to actually leave, I was heartbroken. I knew he would be in good hands with Kirk but it was hard to leave. The time was very much needed and very relaxing, but it was hard to initially leave. I sure love him and I am glad I get to be home with him at this stage of his life.

When I did get home it was nice to have Caleb give me a BIG grin and welcome me back. It is so much fun that he recognizes me and knows when I am gone. It really touched my heart when he looked up and let out a little squeal when he first saw me. It made it all worth while. It was so great to be home again....it made me appreciate the good days and hard days and relalize what a blessing it is to be with him.

How much fun it is to be a mom! What a blessing our kids are. God has blessed moms with a special bond with their kids and I am no different.










Just some things on my mind....

No comments: