Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Christmas time...

Okay so I know Christmas is over but since I was so busy with family and friends, it is now time to reflect and write down some of my feelings....
One thing that really warmed my heart on Christmas (actually the 28th because that is when we had Christmas with the Reid's) was when my dad (AKA Papa) read the Christmas story. Just before he read the Christmas story he talked to the kids (my niece and nephew who are 4 and 2). He asked them why we celebrate Christmas and why we give gifts.....the kids responded "Because it's Jesus' birthday!!!" (with MUCH enthusiasm). It just warmed my heart 1) because it brought back so many memories of when dad used to talk to us when we were little about the importance of Christmas and why it was such a joy for him and Mom to give us gifts every year. 2) It warmed my heart because I could see how my dad is now passing down that joy of giving gifts to he is grandkids. He is showing them how important Christmas is because God sent His ONLY Son to come to this earth as a small baby. It was so heart warming to hear my niece and nephew get so excited about Jesus' birthday.
As I started getting tears in my eyes, I just couldn't wait to hear my son say "BECAUSE IT'S JESUS' BIRTHDAY!" I can't wait to see the joy on his face when he opens presents......I pray that he will know at a young age why we celebrate Christmas and what a special time it is.
We also were able to make a cake and sing Happy Birthday to Jesus! It was so much fun to see the joy on the kids faces as they celebrated this birthday with all of us. Even though the 'guest of honor' (Jesus) was not physically there, they had just as much fun singing to Him and enjoying the real reason of Christmas......I look forward to doing that with my son!!! What an honor to show little ones the real meaning of why we celebrate and give gifts on Christmas!






No comments: